janusVR: an immersive, collaborative, multi-dimensional internet.
Human imagination and our spirit of exploration feed off each other.
janusVR is a VR experience, created and explored by the collective imagination of our growing global sentience. In janusVR today, we transcend geographical boundaries to convene and interact in connected, multi-dimensional spaces.
...socializing, shopping, conducting meetings, attending music, movies and gaming events, or collaboratively wandering each other's decentralized utopian spaces, exploring and inspiring creativity in each other. Above all simply being there.
janusVR presently supports OculusVR Rift DK2 and Leap Motion, driven by gamepads, mouse, keyboard, touch or natural 3D gestures.
janusVR enables collaborative creation, editing, chat, talk and visual interaction.
janusVR sites are topological spaces embedded in 3D interconnected by portals. It is the 2D and 3D internet, seamlessly functional in 3D.
An actively growing community of over 20,000 users. janusVR is indeed the metaverse of our users, by our users, for our users.
Inspired by the metaverse of Snow Crash, and named after Janus, the Roman God of passages, janusVR is an online network of multi-dimensional spaces, interconnected by portals. Portals in janusVR, like the God, have two faces that peer into the spaces they seamlessly link. The janusVR experience draws you into this metaverse whether you are strapped to a headset or on the move with a tablet.
- Navigate using traditional gamer controls, touch, teleporting ghosts or 3D hand gestures.
- Customize your Avatar.
- Talk, chat and visually interact in 3D.
- Surf the 2D web in 3D.
Press and Media
- (November 29, 2014) The Virtual Realty Awards 2014
- (November 14, 2014) Building The Metaverse: 2014 Technology Exchange
- (October 21, 2014) Factor Magazine - The Future Fracturing of the Internet: How Access Will Define the Web of Tomorrow
- The VR Bar live events in janusVR channel.
- Oculus Hut: janusVR online videos.
- (September 4, 2014) Seven amazing apps for the Oculus Rift that aren't games
- (August 21, 2014) Gamer Muscle Videos Review/Let's Play
- (August 4, 2014) Virtual Reality Reviewer
- (April 29, 2014) UofT Magazine - Dont click that link, walk through that door
- (April 21, 2014) Virtual Reality Reviewer
- (March 20, 2014) Fast Co. Design - What If Web Browsing Were Like A Virtual Reality Videogame?