janusVR: an immersive, collaborative, multi-dimensional internet.
Human imagination and our spirit of exploration feed off each other.
janusVR is a VR experience, created and explored by the collective imagination of our growing global sentience. In janusVR today, we transcend geographical boundaries to convene and interact in connected, multi-dimensional spaces.
...socializing, shopping, conducting meetings, attending music, movies and gaming events, or collaboratively wandering each other's decentralized utopian spaces, exploring and inspiring creativity in each other. Above all simply being there.
janusVR presently supports OculusVR Rift DK2 and Leap Motion, driven by gamepads, mouse, keyboard, touch or natural 3D gestures.
janusVR enables collaborative creation, editing, chat, talk and visual interaction.
janusVR sites are topological spaces embedded in 3D interconnected by portals. It is the 2D and 3D internet, seamlessly functional in 3D.
An actively growing community of over 90,000 users. janusVR is indeed the metaverse of our users, by our users, for our users.
Inspired by the metaverse of Snow Crash, and named after Janus, the Roman God of passages, janusVR is an online network of multi-dimensional spaces, interconnected by portals. Portals in janusVR, like the God, have two faces that peer into the spaces they seamlessly link. The janusVR experience draws you into this metaverse whether you are strapped to a headset or on the move with a tablet.
- Navigate using traditional gamer controls, touch, teleporting ghosts or 3D hand gestures.
- Customize your Avatar.
- Talk, chat and visually interact in 3D.
- Surf the 2D web in 3D.
- Extract .zip
- Move directory to desired place
- Run janusvr.exe
Mac OSX Installation
- Open janusvr_macosx.dmg
- Drag janusvr.app into the Applications folder
- Double click to run
Fight Night: Boxing from Bossier City, LouisianaMarch 27, 2015, showtime @ 8pm CST.
VRock you 2015! At the Lucky StrikeTrue Rivals, Turbulent Hearts, Images
March 8, 2015
Jam Night at Lucky Strike Live!...stephen perkins, gliby clarke and chuck wright - brought to you by vrlive.tv and janusVR!
February 18, 2015, showtime @ 8pm PST.
Directions to the concert:
...watch billy gibbons, butch trucks, slash and a bunch of others live and immersive with vrlive.tv and janusVR.
January 12, 2015, Red carpet @ 6pm, showtime @ 7pm PST. REPLAY
- Experience a concert at the legendary Roxy on the Sunset Strip in Hollywood!
Live and immersive with VRLIVE.TV and JanusVR. Levitate in janusVR, over the sea of beer spilling, view blocking dudes, and VRock out to 6 punk bands from the CyberTracks record label.
Showtime: December 27, 2014, 7:15pm PST. REPLAY
- The Virtual Realty Awards 2014.
Showtime: November 28, 2014, 4:30pm PST. REPLAY
Press and Media
- Alusion's awesome experiments at hackaday.io
- VR live TV, streamed through janusVR
- Oculus Hut: janusVR online videos.
- The VR Bar live events in janusVR channel.
- (April 14, 2015) 8 Twitter accounts to keep you up to date on virtual reality
- (February 20, 2015) How Will Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality Impact on Web Browsing?
- (February 7, 2015) VR-China interview video from within Janus VR!
- (January 28, 2015) Virtual Reality (VR): Accessing its Potential
- (January 20, 2015) Play with JanusVR using an omnidirectional treadmill
- (January 9, 2015) 2015 Will be the Year of Virtual Reality
- (December 26, 2014) The Internet’s Still Just Getting Started, After Twenty Years
- (November 14, 2014) Building The Metaverse: 2014 Technology Exchange
- (October 21, 2014) Factor Magazine - The Future Fracturing of the Internet: How Access Will Define the Web of Tomorrow
- (September 15, 2014) Browsing the Web in Virtual Reality With the Oculus Rift
- (September 4, 2014) Seven amazing apps for the Oculus Rift that aren't games
- (August 21, 2014) Gamer Muscle Videos Review/Let's Play
- (August 4, 2014) Virtual Reality Reviewer
- (April 29, 2014) UofT Magazine - Dont click that link, walk through that door
- (April 21, 2014) Virtual Reality Reviewer
- (March 20, 2014) Fast Co. Design - What If Web Browsing Were Like A Virtual Reality Videogame?