Jade Rubick's Bookmarks
Tools and Information
Searching for Info
- Alta Vista: Main Page
- Lycos, Inc. Home Page
- This is my favorite search tool.
- Internet Address Finder
- Has a database of several million e-mail addresses, mostly compiled from Usenet postings. It's a good way to find people.
- AT&T Internet Toll Free 800 Directory
- It's a wonderful service!!!
- Portland Banana Pages
- Portland, Oregon Yellow Pages online.
- NYNEX Yellow Pages
- Seems to be national, but not all inclusive.
- Resume Status
- UO Career Center Home Page
- Requires a password to get any useful information
- JobHunt: On-Line Job Meta-List
- notscape techmain
- Java Related Job Offerings
- InterCareer NETWORK Home Page
- Eugene Area Internet Providers
- Health Services/Technology Assessment Text
- A lot of medical information online.
- Men and Domestic Violence Index
- Deals with the issue of men as the victims of domestic violence. Contains a lot of information, from varying viewpoints, and also links to pages with other men's issues.
- Contains a list of books that you can download on the Internet.
- Japan Telephone Directory
- Right now only has Tokyo, Osaka, and Kyoto. It is on a trial basis, but extremely convenient!
- Useful information for foreigners in Kansai
- A wonderful resource for anybody who is planning to go to Japan, not just Kansai. Contains Internet service provider information also.
- The Tokugawa Art Museum
- If you visit Nagoya, Japan, I recommend visiting this museum.
- Mr. Nefff's Mambo Karaoke Steakhouse
- Pretty bright page, but you can listen to some samples. I liked some of it.
- Robert Felsing's Asian Studies Page
- Robert works in the library at the University of Oregon, and he's collected a library full of information and links about anything that has to do with Asia, Asian languages, and especially Asian language libraries.
- What's New in Japan
- If you're in a wandering mood, try it!
- INTELLiCast: Oregon Cities
- INTELLiCast: Eugene Weather
- Current Weather Conditions
- A connection to a lot of Oregon weather links
- Eugene Metro Area Extended Forecast
- Eugene Forecast
- MacSense HotBits
- I read this every day. It contains daily news on the Mac world, including information on software updates, news at Apple, etc...
- MacInTouch Home Page
- This provided daily updates of news in the Mac world. Ex: software updates, bugs discovered, etc...
- CNN Interactive
- CNN - World News Main Page
- This is a link to the world new briefs page
- MacTech(tm) Magazine!
- Macworld Online
- Mac Sale International
- Their prices are so cheap that it almost makes you wonder. Is it too good to be true? Let me know if you buy anything from them!
- US WEST HOME PAGE
- Sigh. If only ISDN were cheaper...
- Discount Software for edu folks
- APS Technologies
- Maybe I'll buy a hard drive from these people someday.
- Welcome to the Planets
- NASA's collection of some beautiful photographs and information on our solar system.
- Live Camera of Portland
- This is a camera shot of Portland, updated several times an hour.
- 50 Greatest Conspiracies of All Time
- I found this place to be pretty interesting.
- The Dilbert Zone
- Dilbert is the patron God of all true computer scientists. Very funny comic strip, if you haven't heard of it (where have you been?)
- University of Oregon Museum of Art
- WebFonts Proposal
- I'm thinking on doing my thesis on a topic related to this. This is a proposal for a way of sending bitmapped fonts along with a web page using Java. That way, you could see custom fonts for a particular web page.
- The Common Gateway Interface
- Guides to Writing HTML Documents
- The meta list to kill all meta lists. This is pretty complete!
- The HTML Writers Guild Website
- Creating Teeny Photo Icons
- Web Publishing JumpStation
- What is good hypertext writing?
- WWW Help Page
HTML Design Examples
- Levi Strauss & Co. - Welcome!
- Communication Arts
- Cyberian Outpost Home Page
- The Vestibule
- John Seabrook's Home Page
- Club Java: sponsored by Virtual Rendezvous
- More Java information.
- The Java tutorial
- This is a humorous but also simply explained tutorial of Java
- Jerry's Java Page
- This is a well done page, that has a lot of information and applets.
- Apple Flavored Java
- This page is specifically for Macintosh users who are interested in Java.
- Past Featured Java-Powered Pages
- This shows a list of Java applets.
- Javasoft Cool Applets Page
- A list of Java applets, in several different categories.
- It's like a monthly magazine about Java. You can subscribe to have them notify you when the next issue comes out. Contains tutorials and articles about Java programming.
- Digital Espresso
- This is a very useful weekly summary of Java information in newsgroups and mailing lists.
- Metrowerk's Java Page
- This is a list of links to technical information about Java, and also includes information on Metrowerk's support for Java in its next version of CodeWarrior
- Java lab
- The Java Developer
- Oregon Java Interest Group
- This is a group I'm involved with. We meet about once a week and try to learn Java! Has some excellent links to Java tutorials and resources.
- MetroWerks Home Page
- Inside Macintosh
- Extention Strip
- ES is a handy application for the Mac. It really becomes invaluable!
- Newest Files on Apple's FTP Sites
- INFO-MAC HyperArchive ROOT
- Recent INFO-MAC Summary
- Network Services at the U of O
- Netscape mirror FTP sight WWW link
- Leptonic Systems' NetBird
- This is under development, but it is a component for CyberDog that figures out the information that you access most and does some of the work for you.
- Macromedia Shockwave
- Shockwave is a plug in for Netscape that allows you to play Director movies. It is worth checking out.
- Sizzler Plug In Page
- You can download a plug in for Netscape that allows animation in your browser. This is the company that produces that plug in.
- RealAudio Home Page
- CyberTech Home Page
- Apple Software Updates
- Cyberdog Home Page
- Cyberdog is POTENTIALLY one of the coolest things to hit the net since Netscape.
- The Copland Page
- A collection of links and information about System 8 for the Macintosh.
- Nathan's Everything Macintosh
- The Power Macintosh Resource Page
- Welcome to the Supra InfoBahn
- Linux for Power Macintosh
- Linux Home Page
- Linux is a free UNIX that you can install on PCs and soon Power Macintosh's as well.
Jade's Home Page
- Ursula Webmaster
- Jade's Home Page
- This is my home page. I welcome your comments on it.
- University of Oregon Honors College
- Computer and Information Science Home Page
- University of Oregon Home Page
- Akemi Miyamoto
- She has some humorous links as well as a good list of books to read, and some poetry.
- He has a remarkable set of links. Good if you're in a surfing mood.
- Bruce Blaser
- Seoung Man
- A CIS friend of mine.
- Ryuichiro Shimonosono
- My CIS friend. He has a good sports page, and links to other sports pages.
- Sara Goodale
- The Cheshire Cat. Her page may take a long time to download over a modem, but it is pretty rewarding. She has a lot of links to all sorts of things.
- Fumio Igarashi
- My CIS friend. His page is a little difficult to read (as of 1/26/96), and takes a long time to download, but he has some good links to Japanese versions of software, and other Japanese links.
- Jeremy White
- My CIS friend. Jeremy has some artistic links, and information about his radio program.
- Ji Young Lee
- My former CIS friend. She has a few Korean links, if I remember correctly.
- Robert Roberts
- Robert is a grad student at the UO who also teaches HTML classes. His pages have links to Micronesia and some excellent web design sites.
- What's in YOUR Name