CSC 418/2504 Winter 2007 Online Information
- mar 19: Assignment #3 due date extended to
wed. april 4.
- mar 12: midterm
- feb 23: Assignment 2 due date extended to
mon. march 5.
- feb 7: midterm is on feb 14 in class. a
sample midterm with solutions is here.
- feb 5: Assignment 2 posted.
- jan 15: Assignment 1 posted.
- jan 8: Assignment 3 Project (a.k.a. the Wooden
Monkey Competition is out. Start early!)
- Can't find the textbook? Look here
- Assignments will use the CDF Unix facilities.
- Your CDF account is listed here (418 and 2504).
- Newsgroup (ut.cdf.csc418h)
- March 11 - last day to cancel S section
code courses, April 13 - end of classes.
Advice to undergrads who want to apply to graduate school:
Every year I get a number of students asking for recommendations in support
of graduate school applications. Recommendations carry a lot of weight for grad.
school applications and a referee who can say a lot about you as a person and
your research potential can help you a lot more than one that can only echo the
grade you got in a course with a large enrolment like 418. Those of you that
have an interest in doing further work in graphics should thus try and excel in
the freeform part of the course like assignment three and/or work more closely
with graphics faculty through a capstone course CSC 490/491, and independent
study 494/495, or by signing up for a graduate course like CSC 2529.
Reference Material and Links